Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Gardening Forum

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1

Share |

Sprinklers for garden bed

I am wondering what is the best type of sprinkler head to use in my garden bed. I have planted small bushes, but currently have the type that is for watering grass. I don't have any ground cover plants, just the bushes with wood mulch covering the rest. The bushes are spaced about 2-3 feet apart. Thank you ahead of time for your help.

GRFagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

I would switch to drip irrigation and water in gallons per hour rather than gallons per minute. Unlike the spray heads you have, drip will put water only where you want it. It is easy to install and inexpensive.

I would work with simple self-cleaning, self-compensating emitters in the 1-4 gph range. You will not be able to have the drip system on the same circuit with lawn sprinklers. One drawback to drip is that the emitters have to be on the surface but you can bury the pipe somewhat. A few older automatic valves do not work with drip because of the low flow rate so you might need a new one for the drip system if yours fall into that category. Some timers do not water long enough per circuit either.

Check out some online place like The Drip Store for the best options for emitters. Or if there is a real irrigation supplier near you, they will be able to set you up.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user1007 For This Useful Post:
TarheelTerp (06-17-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #3

For sprinkler, visit amazon.com there you will find n number of sprinklers for your garden bed.
henrylarry6 is offline   Reply With Quote