Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care > Gardening Forum

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Ortho Heavy Duty Sprayer won't spray

I was spraying my yard yesterday and needed a refill. Put more spray and water in the container and closed it. Put pressure in the sprayer and nothing! I took the nozzle off and couldn't get spray to come out the hose. Piece by piece I worked my way back down the hose to see if I could figure out what was going on (took the tip off, then the wand, then the handle so that only the hose was left). I took the hose out of the container and reseated it. I put it back together but cannot get it to spray. Could the clog come from the "tube" that is inserted into the container? What are my options?

Here's a photo of what my sprayer looks like:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...22705e_300.jpg

thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Could be anywhere in the syphon and delivery hose lines but you should be able to clear it. Most often it is a matter of debris having gotten into the tip and you need some thin wire to feel for it and clean it out. Try blowing the path out backwards with the tip removed if you can.

Are you able to build up pressure? Perhaps the gasket on the tank fractured and needs to be replaced if you do not. Check the diaphragm on the end of the pressure shaft too.

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Could be anywhere in the syphon and delivery hose lines but you should be able to clear it. Most often it is a matter of debris having gotten into the tip and you need some thin wire to feel for it and clean it out. Try blowing the path out backwards with the tip removed if you can.

Are you able to build up pressure? Perhaps the gasket on the tank fractured and needs to be replaced if you do not. Check the diaphragm on the end of the pressure shaft too.
Yes, it is fully pressurized. I squeeze the trigger and get a small dribble and it stops. This is true with the wand completely removed, I squeeze the trigger and it drips for a second and stops. I'll try to find some small wire and see about pushing it through.
thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote