DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

dried up in texas

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  paulsmith544 
#1 ·
:furious:my yard is cooked!!! parched st augustine lawn. how do i make it snap back, besides water. what else can i do to get her growing again?:(

#6 ·
Send it up here for until the drought breaks----It's been raining a lot!!!

Seriously---leave it alone--grass can go dormant for a long time and come back,however watering it and then letting it go dry stresses the roots and can kill it dead.

#7 ·
St. Augustine will crisp up really good without sufficient water, there's really nothing much else you can do to bring it back. Normally it's not a good idea to water at night but with this high heat and drought you'll get better results running the sprinker after dark twice a week, deeply saturating the ground.

#11 ·
I'm here for ya, man. lol Yes, I think a good soaking before we get anything (hopefully a lot of something ) out of this Gulf system will help keep runoff to a minimum, a few good hours of saturation (down to at least 6 inches) ought to be good. Once we are out of this freakin' drought/super heat your grass ought to bounce back. Give it a feeding once we're into cooler temps and normal moisture (like late October or November) so it'll be healthy come next Spring.

#13 ·
We're here!!!!!

I just have a hard time feeling for you---Illinois has turned into a complete jungle---Banana trees are sprouting from the cracks in the sidewalk!!!!

I've got two brothers in Texas----One has dirt only---Odessa

The other rents a place with a yard so small that he waters it with the coffee left in the bottom of his cup.

Just don't drop a match and burn down the neighborhood.----Mike---

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.