DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   What type of corner bead to use (

spaceman spif 02-11-2013 01:00 PM

What type of corner bead to use
Finished mounting the drywall and now it's time to work on the corners. I will be working where the ceiling meets the wall, wall corners, and also around doorways for a closet. There are a lot of different types of corner bead products...metal, plastic, paper, paper over metal, etc.

I was curious of what type you all prefer and why.

Gary in WA 02-11-2013 02:15 PM

Fasteners into framing may show later when the framing moves- structurally or with seasonal changes;

Page 6;


princelake 02-11-2013 07:34 PM

inside corners and flat/butts paper tape. the best product for outside corners is no coat ultra flex 325

ToolSeeker 02-12-2013 08:40 AM

^ couldn't have said it better.

spaceman spif 02-12-2013 11:23 AM

Thanks all!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.