DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   What product to use to fill in gap between drywall and shower surround (

RobertN 09-09-2010 10:43 AM

What product to use to fill in gap between drywall and shower surround
I've read to use durabond but also read that it is no longer being made. I haven't seen this for sale at the local lowes or home depot. I would prefer to use a product like this rather than filling in a 1/4 gap with caulk. I have 2 showers that I need to do this do.

epson 09-09-2010 10:47 AM

Well you can use backer rod to fill in the gap and then caulk.

jackofmany 09-09-2010 01:04 PM

1/4 inch gap, sounds like you can use a trim. Use a good caulk beneath it - probably a couple coats, then using locktite or a similar quick and very strong, water resistant adhesive, apply your trim. There are synthetic trims which are easily modified to fit. -

Of course if this is your place, you might want to use backer rod with joint compound to fill this gap - let it dry well, and use fiberglass mesh tape and skim coat - bringing the wall all the way to the shower as it should be. It's up to you.

Axecutioner-B 09-09-2010 05:32 PM

I have seen durabond for sale at an Ace hardware that we get supplies from very recently.
I have NEVER seen it for sale at Lowe's or Home Depot.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.