Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Walls with no Baseboard

Does anyone know how this look is created? I was thinking about having a finished gap at the bottom of the wall instead of having a baseboard covering it.

woodenSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,110

Walls with no Baseboard

With that little info and no picture of an example not sure how anyone would know what your talking about.
Why would you want a gap at the bottom of a wall?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,284

Walls with no Baseboard

Seems like it would be a real dirt catcher to me.
ToolSeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 510

Walls with no Baseboard

Years ago I worked on a project with a finish plasterer where the client wanted the wall to go tight to the floor with no baseboard. We had to work closely with the flooring contractor to ensure we kept the edge of the blueboard high enough to get the strip hardwood flooring under the edge. Once he had the flooring in place we came back in, protected the flooring and plastered right to the bottom of the wall with a crisp, tight edge at the flooring. If I recall correctly (over 35 years ago) we had a type of masking tape right at the edge of the floor that we took up as the plaster set. The finished result was awesome looking. gleaming white plaster against a real dark exotic hardwood floor.

A couple years ago, doing a job in my moms house, I had to do something similar with a window opening. This was a regular drywall job. I found a plastic trim edging to use to give a crisp edge along the edge of the drywall. It worked something similar to corner bead. Once finished it left a nice clean straight edge along the window opening. You could use something similar at the bottom of the wall as well.
danpik is offline   Reply With Quote