Thin Set On Painted Drywall? - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Thin set on painted drywall?

Hi, I'm a little confused as to how I should proceed. I have backerboard installed to a height of 67" above tub. I am installing a glue-up surround. I would like the surround to go up to the ceiling, a height of 71" from tub. Their is an 1/8" to 1/4" gap between the backer board and drywall ( drywall lower). Can I fill the 4'' with thin set or mud or something different. I would like to make the wall level to the ceiling. This section is painted drywall. Any ideas? it doesn't need a great finish, as the surround will be going over it. Thank you

Advertisement

monnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Thin set on painted drywall?

No thinset. Trowel on surround glue...

Advertisement

OhioHomeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote