Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1

Share |

Is there something like "Headless one piece threaded fastener"

Hi DIY'ers. I'm working on a small project where I have to mount small blocks of hardened clay on the wall (Dry Wall). There's a hole in the center of each block. Its wide enough to receive a headless nail. Unfortunately headless nails have to go in at an angle into the dry wall and I can't do that with what I'm working here.

I could somehow widen the hole in the clay block to receive a drywall screw so that I could use an anchor OR a one piece threaded fastener (pictured below). HOWEVER, I have to put more than 1000 of these blocks into the wall- which means I will have to put 1000 anchors which will make 1000 fairly large holes on one wall. It will become a perforated wall after I remove those from the wall once my project is over. And I'm avoiding having to replace the drywall after I'm done with this project.

Can any of you advice on how I can tackle this problem? I'd like to keep the hole in my clay block the same size and mount it on the wall without making big holes in the dry wall. Is there something like a "HEADLESS ONE PIECE THREADED FASTENER"?

onetimewonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #2

If it's headless how's it going to hold the tiles up?
A finish nail is almost headless.
Trim head screws also have small heads.

Last edited by joecaption; 05-18-2013 at 08:19 AM.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #3

Hi Joecaptuon
If there is something headless then I'll choose a long screw which will protrude from the wall enough ...where the part that sticks out of the wall will go into the clay block right in the center. Thanks for the info on finish nails. Do these nails need and anchor and can these be screwed in straight (perpendicar to the wall)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
If it's headless how's it going to hold the tiles up?
A finish nail is almost headless.
Trim head screws also have small heads.
onetimewonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Drywall contractor

If it is truly "headless" you won't be able to use a screw. As joecaption said,there is a drywall "trim" screw used in an application for metal studs. The heads are probably the diameter of a 16d trim nail. HD around here carries them in1-5/8" (I believe, haven't used any in quite a while) and a drywall supply will likely have linger lengths. You're still going to have holes to fill, but they'll be smaller than the screw you are showing.

Tags
drywall damage