Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #1

Share |

Strange drywall crack pattern

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I noticed some hairline cracks around my master bath door on the second fl. Sorry for the bad quality pic. There are four fine cracks. Two major one are actually connected. I do have some other cracks on other doors/windows, but mostly are along the seams and straight up. This set of cracks puzzles me a lot. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Strange drywall crack pattern-master-bath-inside.jpg  

shiyang100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Looks like normal settling cracks to me.
I thought this had been discussed before.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #3

The real pressure points, for lack of a better term, for drywall is the corners of doors and windows. The drywall has been cut, there is usually not much left between the top of the door and the ceiling. This is why you should not have a seam over a door or window. Take a door for instance how many times that door is opened and closed in say a year. And if you look when the door is opened wide you can usually see the hinge side move.
ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote