Spraying Knockdown On Metal - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Spraying knockdown on metal

I'm doing my very first drywall finishing job in our garage and had a question. I'm going to do the entire garage in knockdown, since I'm not the best at smoothing things out right now.

We have a steel I-beam that runs across the width of our garage ceiling. Can knockdown be sprayed and finished on metal? We thought it might look good with the same texture as the rest of the ceiling and walls to help it blend in more.

Thanks,
Grant

Advertisement

granth77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Drywall contractor

Rewards Points: 1,044

If the metal is clean it will stick for a while at least. Don't know how long it will last if you get radical temperature swings or have a lot of humidity....

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I was thinking that it probably shouldn't be done, but I just thought I'd check. Off to mask the beam!

Thanks!
granth77 is offline   Reply With Quote