Residential Bullnose Corner Lines - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Residential bullnose corner lines

Hi,
My wife and I are building a new house and just had the sheetrock done. There were a couple concerns on the bullnose corners that I had. My contractor told us that the paint would smooth it out. We went ahead and painted and of course it just made them stand out more. Any opinions if I am being overly picky or do I have a point to push? I have brought them out to see it and they told me it was typical. I don't agree.
Thanks

Advertisement

liamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.
Rewards Points: 2,000

Today, that's typical. Does that mean it's right? No. It could easliy be flat if they cared to make it so.

Advertisement

Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

I had bullnose corners installed a few months ago and I can assure you they look nothing like that.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
KemoSabe

Rewards Points: 500

Looks like they went a coat light or were leaning on the knife too hard. If you take a 6" taping knife and lay the blade perpendicular to the surface, from bullnose to bullnose, there should be no gap behind the knife.

Some brands of bullnose bead are worse than others at being concealed. I've seen plastic bullnose that won't hold the mud to a paper thin thickness. Then again, it might have been the mud and not the bullnose.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

This is serious problem of everyone because of architecture fault, you can use mud to hide the bullnose. Or another option is some paints are available in market which are specially available for hide the bullnose.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Drywall and Painting Pro

Rewards Points: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by alden5jesus View Post
This is serious problem of everyone because of architecture fault, you can use mud to hide the bullnose. Or another option is some paints are available in market which are specially available for hide the bullnose.
Alden, Could you elaborate more on this product or provide a link?

-Paul

Advertisement

Checkout some of my How to videos->How to Secrets from a Drywall Finisher
Sir MixAlot is offline   Reply With Quote