Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #1

Share |

Repairing/filling very small holes in plaster walls

Hello! I've done pretty extensive board searches and Google searches on this topic, but have not found an answer that applies to my situation - I'm finding answers that apply to large plaster fixes. Here is the situation:

First-time homeowner. I have a house built in 1912 - so all walls are plaster and lath. I'm just looking to repair/fill small nails holes that range in size from finishing nail size to 1 inch. Looks like most of the holes are from previous owners hanging pictures and artwork. After repairing the holes, I will be spot painting to match the current room color.

So, what is the best way to approach this? I've read that using a joint compound/spackling would be sufficient, but I've also read mixing up a small amount of plaster would be the best approach. Any experts opinions on what process I should use here?

Thank you!
jkuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #2

Repairing/filling very small holes in plaster walls

Spakle on the small holes or Fast N Final, reguler light weigh drywall compound for the larger ones.
Your going to have to prime everyone of those spots before painting.
May end up having to repaint the whole wall in some cases to get it to even out.
And no do not use the "primer and paint" in one!
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote