Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Unhappy

Re-Texturing and Painting Walls

We hired a contractor to re-texture and paint the walls in our new house before we moved in. The contractor claimed he re-textured the walls before he painted it but when we were doing a walk through, it was obvious to us that he did not do any re-texturing. The walls looked worse than before! When confronted, he changed his story to say that re-texturing occurs after painting is completed. This makes ZERO logical sense to me, goes against my research on the subject and we've already caught the contractor in lies re: cigarette damage he or his workers have done to some patio furniture we have. Our movers are set for 2 short days away...

My question are these: is there any school of thought that says re-texturing is done AFTER painting? Any recommendations re what to do to deal with it since I think we're essentially at ground zero?

Logic suggests this contractor will have to turn around and re-paint everything again...

TheBuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #2

should be primed before texturing, or at least is a good idea IMO. I see no point in doing top coating before texturing, however. I would think that after texturing it would need to be painted again, i've never heard of otherwise, you are talking about a spraytexture right?

chrisBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
NACE Coating Inspector

He's a liar. Yes you can prime before texture but I doubt this s the case. You yourself said that he changed his story when you confronted him. Wonder what else he got away with that you did'nt see yet.
mustangmike3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Don't be dumb. Hold his money!
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contractor, paint, texture, walls