Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #1

Share |

PROHOISTS drywall lift

they have them for $160 delivered on ebay ..was wondering if anyone has had experience with there lifts ... need to buy one because I'm doing my drywall and it will take longer than renting its cost .. figure to sell it after job is done ...thanks
44070dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Drywall contractor

PROHOISTS drywall lift

As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for", but for limited use you're probably fine with any of the less expensive lifts. I personally have never used one, but they're definitely a great asset from what I hear. I'm actually considering one before too long as I do a lot more small jobs these days and it would save me money over hiring a helper. I would probably spend a bit more as I would use it frequently. I would think the things to consider are size of the casters (maneuverability), quality of the "winch" system for raising/lowering, and ease of assembly/disassembly. Again for use on one or two projects you probably can't go wrong. Hopefully someone will chime in who has used the model you're looking at.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
gravity always wins

PROHOISTS drywall lift

I have one. Used it to install 14' sheets on an 11' cathedral ceiling with help. I've used it to install 8' flat ceilings by myself. It's worked fine. The box was falling apart when it got delivered, but everything was there.
Maintenance 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #4

PROHOISTS drywall lift

bought it ...looks OK figure to finish my project and sell it to the next diy'r
44070dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #5

PROHOISTS drywall lift

I have one, my box showed up beatup and the end plastic caps were cracked on 2 of 4 supports. They sent me new caps without a problem. I have hung my entire basement (1350 sq foot) of cielings with it. Also loaned it to 4 different people who have used it for similar tasks. . .works great.
TANC is offline   Reply With Quote