Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #1

Share |

Plastered walls

How much should i charge to repair a plastered room

MICHAELVARGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #2

Plastered walls

Go back and read your own post.
#1 This is a not a price my job for me web site. It's a DIY web site.
If you want to know how to do a job there's lots of people ready and willing to help.
You gave about 0 info, no room size, no pictures, no clues as to what's wrong with the plaster.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
paper hanger and painter

Plastered walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELVARGAS View Post
How much should i charge to repair a plastered room

$254,196
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Plastered walls

Your question really is too vague for us to help you at all. And we shouldn't suggest how you price things for your market and all the other factors unique to the way you do business. We can help you figure out what you are in for if you give us more details.

I have done a lot of plaster repair/restoration and will warn you it can be very labor intense depending on how extensive the problems you are trying to remedy happen to be. If they are substantial and you are not used to working with plaster you may want to pass on this altogether.

I am not suggesting it is rocket science but old plaster walls tend to be surprise filled and you seldom get away with just repairing the plaster. It is sort of like dealing with icebergs where what you see is not representative of what is hidden. There is usually a fair amount of lathe repair or other substructure work waiting for you to discover. And if you have plaster separation to deal with something caused it to fail that has to be addressed before anything else (plumbing leak, AC condensor line problems, sewer drain, etc.). That always means demolishing a fair amount of wall or ceiling and deciding how best to put it back together---it is inescapable. And can be expensive to the point you may be better off convincing your client to hang drywall and finish it to match other plaster surfaces. You need some experience with plaster to make the judgment calls.

If it is just about cracks and settling the story is a potentially a bit different.

Last edited by user1007; 06-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote