Need Advice On How To Tape Around Window Ledges - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need advice on how to tape around window ledges

I am currently re-modeling a home. I am a carpenter by trade, but now I am to the drywall finishing. I have never drywalled an entire house and am having trouble taping the window ledges around the window (inside and outside corners)..... anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

maxjsl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Need advice on how to tape around window ledges

Sounds like you're doing drywall around windows that are set back in the wall a bit. Picture would help. Anyhow - if this is the case, you're using Outside corner bead at the perimiter and as far as taping and applying any compound near the window - You'll be taping the inside corners prior to putting on the outside corners - then where drywall - with skim coat - meets window, figure on a small strip of trim - it looks better and will negate the need for caulking . Caulking is an inevitability when drywall butts a window. If not when you do it - a few seasons later at best. Hope this helped - like i said - a picture or two would help.

Advertisement

jackofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jackofmany For This Useful Post:
maxjsl37 (08-31-2010)