No don't put a fan on something that is already moldy. Tear it out. Drywall is cheap and expendible. Any drywall that was wet enough to grow mold, was wet enough to be structurally deficient anyway. Solve the moisture problem first. Take the wet drywall down. Dry out the framing and inspect it. Treat it with a fungicide. Dry it. Seal it. Replace the drywall. A good HEPA vac will pick up mold spores and trap them. A good HEPA vac is usually not available to the average DIY homeowner. Regular junky vacs with HEPA filters are. They are not the same thing. All is for nothing if you don't solve the moisture issue. Never heard of Lazarus mold either, but mold that isn't exterminated by a fungicide will go dormant when moisture levels drop, only to reactivate if it gets enough moisture at some point in the future. Sometimes years into the future. Dead is dead, dormant is not dead. Fungicide makes it dead. Drying it makes it dormant.
Last edited by Maintenance 6; 07-25-2011 at 03:55 PM.