DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Looking for a Stipple Brush

12K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Noggy 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for a stipple brush to to texture a ceiling. I have a 70's split level that I removed a wall between the kitchen and dining room and I need to match the ceiling. It looks like a 6" round stipple brush was used to create the pattern.
The house was built by a developer in the mid-seventies and I know he would not have used anything very exotic or expensive to create the pattern. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. Pictures attached.

#3 ·
A paint store might have what you're looking for.

Is there any chance you could show the work you're doing? I have a split level built in the mid-seventies too and I've been thinking about removing part of the wall that runs down the center of the house when I remodel the kitchen.

It looks like someone already removed a section of wall between the dining room and living room.

Thanks.

#4 ·
Go to all-wall.com and click on "texturing tools" in the left column. The "Texmaster" 8-1/2 or 11" shag stipple brush should fit the bill. The 11" is likely the appropriate one. HD and Lowes both sell the brushes, but they are not "broken in" to get the pattern you're looking for....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.