Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #1

Share |

liquid nails b/ween ceiling sheetrock and joists

Someone told me i should always use liquid nails in addition to screws when installing drywall on ceilings that have a walking floor above them, in order to reduce noise transfer.

I was wondering how important and effective that is as i just screwed one sheet but forgot to use liquid nails.

Thanks.

amakarevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #2

liquid nails b/ween ceiling sheetrock and joists

liquid nail does NOT go on sheetrock for ANY reason, the oils in it will bleed through the sheetrock and will always be a problem in the future. the right way is to make sure you use screws every 6 iches into strapping and no nails. also make sure your screws do NOT break through the paper otherwise the screw is usless.
if you want to reduce noise transfer i suggest you install resilient channel instead of strapping (1x3 fir).

3rdGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote