DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Inside & Outside Corners:

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ront02769 
#1 ·
If there's a choice on an outside corner, should I put the tapered edges there or the cut edges? How about the inside corners?

TIA.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, another question:

I could not have gotten 12' boards down my narrow basement stairs and into the little room I'm working on; as it was, my wife and I had to struggle to fit the eight footers. (Sidenote: man, I would hate to have to move those suckers for a living! :))

Will be no problem putting cut edges on both inside and outside corners.

I just started screwing some up this morning using my variable speed drill set on low and a screwdriver. At this rate, I'll be finished sometime in 2016!

Very low on funds and trying to avoid any unnecessary expenses, but I think I'm going to have to buy a drywall screw gun. Do you guys have a recommendation for a low-cost but decent gun available at one of the big box stores?

TIA.

#8 ·
Dewalt drywall screw setter, pack of four, five bucks at HD. They DO wear out eventually and cease to set screws properly, but then you just toss it and put in a new one. Had a group of Habitat volunteers using four drills mounted with these (and another three regular drywall guns) going 7 hours/day the last two Saturdays. Went through two packs of these. Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.