Inside Corner On Small Corner - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 156

Inside corner on small corner

Hello guys. I was putting up corner bead today and got a little puzzle on how I should do this. I put drywall over a support beam on my wall. now with the drywall on there it bumps out from the wall about 2 inches and 5 inches wide.

So, do I tape the corner the put corner bead on? Or put corner bead on the tape? Or either way?

I first thought to do tape first then corner bead, but then the tape would be under the mud from mudding the corner bead. Now I'm thinking to mud the corner bead the apply the tape so then I can mud the corner like any other corner.

Thanks
Jason

Advertisement

jburchill is offline   Reply With Quote