DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   inside corner gap (

brianford 04-21-2011 10:05 PM

inside corner gap
I am refinishing my basement. when boarding 2 of the corners my studs were a little off I ended up shaving the drywall in the corner but produced an uneven and somewhat large gap (inside corners). can i simply fill the gap with mud and paper tape as usual or would you recommend using an inside corner bead? thanks in advance

bjbatlanta 04-22-2011 09:50 PM

Hard to say without seeing. A metal reinforced paper bead may be your best bet to be safe. You can pre-fill with setting compound, flat tape the gap, then angle tape with paper.....

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.