Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1

Share |

How to install Kitchen Cabinets on a Drywall?

I have 2 Kitchen cabinets, each 50 CM on 80 CM, they way about 10 KG (maybe more? not sure). <br />
I wanted to hang them on the wall but just discovered it's a drywall, and seems pretty thin. <br />
It is a 120 CM wide niche that I have in my kitchen (like an inward gap),
on the left side there's a concrete wall, but on the right once again drywall. <br />
I've heard something about a Rail that might support them (attaching it to the concrete), but I'm not sure how relevant it is when the other side is also drywall. <br />
Any ideas? <br />
These cabinets are suppose to be above a Sink, so I can't think of many alternatives for them, ideas in that direction would help as well.

Thank you.

jojojo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #2

you need to attach them to whatever the drywall is attached to. try a studfinder to locat the studs behind the drywall. there is a possibility that they are metal studs. where are you located?

DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Drywall contractor

Yep, there has to be some sort of framing and that's what your cabinets attach to.