Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Horizontal Studs

Quick question. Normally I have worked on vertical studs or horizontal furrings that a 4x8 would cover.

I am working on a larger room with horizontal furrings with vertical furrings every so often. With horizontal furrings do you still need to end on vertical furring?

jburchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Drywall contractor

Rewards Points: 1,000

Horizontal Studs

A picture would help, but if you're hanging the board horizontally and the vertical furring runs from floor to ceiling, definitely break the butt joint on the vertical. Your butts should be nailed/screwed every 8" or so and I assume the horizontal furring is on 16" centers???