Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Help with angled stairway wall

My husband and I are drywalling our stairway and need some help on laying out the drywall. We need to drywall on top of the existing stairway skirt (it is pretty thick and continues below the stairs. The only way to pull it out is to tear out the stairs) so the wall is angled on top and bottom. I've attached a picture of what it looks like so you can see.

We're just not sure how to lay out the drywall. Should we do the sections vertically or horizontally? Should they be laid out on an angle so they are resting on the skirt board (which will mean the first and last pieces are cut to match the top and bottom angle)? Should they be laid horizontally and level (which doesn't make much sense to me but there is probably something I'm missing).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated since this one has me stumped. I've tried to Google it without much luck.

Thanks!
vonatah
Attached Images

vonatah is offline   Reply With Quote