Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

Share |

Gardz for wallpaper glue/paste

Hello everyone,

We removed stubborn wallpaper (2 layers) from the hallway walls, but some of the glue was stuck on and would not come off no matter what method we tried (dif solution, vinegar, hot water, etc.). I contacted Zinsser about their Gardz product and they advised 2 layers of Gardz, skimcoat, then prime/paint.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this product..Should we apply another layer of Gardz over the skimcoat of drywall compound, or should we just prime and then paint right over the drywall compound? I contacted Zinsser about this, but still waiting on their response. We are using a water-based primer and paint if that matters (AFM Safecoat).

Thanks!
6fthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Gardz for wallpaper glue/paste

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fthook View Post
Hello everyone,

We removed stubborn wallpaper (2 layers) from the hallway walls, but some of the glue was stuck on and would not come off no matter what method we tried (dif solution, vinegar, hot water, etc.). I contacted Zinsser about their Gardz product and they advised 2 layers of Gardz, skimcoat, then prime/paint.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this product..Should we apply another layer of Gardz over the skimcoat of drywall compound, or should we just prime and then paint right over the drywall compound? I contacted Zinsser about this, but still waiting on their response. We are using a water-based primer and paint if that matters (AFM Safecoat).

Thanks!

yes, Gardz is the primer.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote