Filling In Stud Hole - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Filling in Stud hole

Hi All,

Yesterday I was making a test hole, to make sure I would be drilling into a stud. Iím going to be hanging a TV. Well the drill bit got stuck in the wall. I could not get the drill to reverse it out. I believe the wood is just so strong. Well this morning, I tried pulling out again, and the piece broke out in the wall... So there is a little hole there now. Whatís the best way to fill in this holder of the piece, so its strong... Going to have to use another place in the stud to hang TV now...

Do I caulk or wood filler, as Iím not sure whatís the strongest... The hole is really small, but still want it filled..

Advertisement

mysticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,690

Filling in Stud hole

just put another hole just above or below that one. and leave that one alone, as it will be covered by the tv mount anyway, no harm no foul.

are you SURE that is was wood that you were drilling ?

Advertisement

Fix'n it is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Filling in Stud hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix'n it View Post
just put another hole just above or below that one. and leave that one alone, as it will be covered by the tv mount anyway, no harm no foul.

are you SURE that is was wood that you were drilling ?

Yeah itís wood, because I tried drilling another small hole above it, to try to get drill bit out... But it was in too far... Iím just worried would the wood get weaker with that piece sitting in there, cause Iím going to hang a TV.. Iíve done them many times, just this was a first. So I was going to fill so it so it was strong.

But yeah other here at work told me to do the same thing, because it would be covered.
mysticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,690

Filling in Stud hole

you should be using lag bolts for that. it will be ok, just do it.
Fix'n it is online now   Reply With Quote