DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   drywall transition? (

tigman 02-21-2010 03:21 PM

drywall transition?
I am working on installing a swanstone shower surround and want to add another layer of drywall (GB)for proper tub lip overhang spacing. My problem is how to finish the joint where the new 1/2" drywall is lapped over the existing drywall wall. Can I just use paper tape formed into a z like shape? thanks

noahweb 02-21-2010 04:21 PM

find a tile that has a transition to slope over to the new drywall. should be easily found in ceramics

tigman 02-21-2010 04:52 PM

thanks for the reply noahweb.
The swanstone is the thin fiberglass type. I just want to end the GB on top of the existing drywall with a step.

tpolk 02-21-2010 07:03 PM

getting ready to do one myself, they make trim packages for the edges. when i talked to swan corp they also said to do 2 coats of latex (not oil) primer versus the one coat in their pdf instruction manual. its worth calling to check on any changes on install that hasnt made it to their online instructions. let me know how it goes, mine starts this week

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1