DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   Drywall Texture Help - Tear Drop Shapes? (

Oscarthegrouch 07-06-2009 02:22 PM

Drywall Texture Help - Tear Drop Shapes? anybody give me a hint about how to get a shape like this for my texture. I'm replacing a 4x8 sheet of drywall and want to match the texture.

Any ideas on how to create such a "tear drop" style texture?


NAV 07-07-2009 02:56 PM

Looks like they watered down the drywall mud quite a bit and rolled it on.

you should try different consistences of plaster and different nap rollers.

good luck

bjbatlanta 07-08-2009 10:33 AM

I'd have to agree with NAV. Try a 3/4" or 1" nap roller and thin your mud. Consistency should be almost like pancake batter, maybe just a bit heavier. Add water gradually until you get the right texture.....

Danielle14303 07-26-2010 02:23 PM

Did you ever figure out how to recreate this texture? I just bought an odler home and I am attemptign to repair a part of the wall that currently houses a window unit. Yes, a window unit in a wall... The walls have this texture and I can't find out how to recreate it anywhere.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1