Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1

Share |

Drywall texture

I would like to purchase an air compressor to add texture to my interior walls, but I have no idea what psi or scam I should look for. Recently I was looking at a porta-cable at Home Depot ( 150psi. 2.6 scam 6 gallon ) but I am lost. Can someone help me please.
florida56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

Drywall texture

A 6 gallon pancake compressor is more than enough for me. I have run a texture gun off of it as well as my finish, brad and staple nailers. Its small and convenient to have around.

My only question would be is this the only time you really plan on using it? If so, you may consider renting a compressor.
lk00331 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lk00331 For This Useful Post:
florida56 (10-16-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
automated tool pro

Drywall texture

depends on what you are spraying. mud texture take less then polystyrene popcorn/acoustical textures.
pancake comp's are difficult to maintain a constant air pressure and I would never try and buy one to spray popcorn..it could bite you in the ass.
I wish I could offer you advice but I have used gas compressors sense the 90's...and even before the sizes I'd use as a semi-pro were larger sustained air air compressors. You can always cut back on air but never gain it when it comes to texture. You only get one chance to F*** up. or you've made a mess.
go big

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

drywallfinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #4

Drywall texture

Thanks for your advice.
florida56 is offline   Reply With Quote