DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   Drywall texture (

florida56 10-13-2013 11:55 AM

Drywall texture
I would like to purchase an air compressor to add texture to my interior walls, but I have no idea what psi or scam I should look for. Recently I was looking at a porta-cable at Home Depot ( 150psi. 2.6 scam 6 gallon ) but I am lost. Can someone help me please.

lk00331 10-15-2013 09:20 AM

A 6 gallon pancake compressor is more than enough for me. I have run a texture gun off of it as well as my finish, brad and staple nailers. Its small and convenient to have around.

My only question would be is this the only time you really plan on using it? If so, you may consider renting a compressor.

drywallfinisher 10-15-2013 07:33 PM

depends on what you are spraying. mud texture take less then polystyrene popcorn/acoustical textures.
pancake comp's are difficult to maintain a constant air pressure and I would never try and buy one to spray could bite you in the ass.
I wish I could offer you advice but I have used gas compressors sense the 90's...and even before the sizes I'd use as a semi-pro were larger sustained air air compressors. You can always cut back on air but never gain it when it comes to texture. You only get one chance to F*** up. or you've made a mess.
go big

florida56 10-16-2013 07:05 PM

Thanks for your advice.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1