DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   drywall glue (

steveandconnie 08-14-2010 01:48 PM

drywall glue
what kind of glue should I use for drywall installation

bjbatlanta 08-14-2010 08:10 PM

Drywall stud adhesive. Found in the paint dept. at Hd or Lowes where the caulk is. Comes in quart tubes, you'll need a large caulk gun......

tjdriver1 09-15-2013 06:14 PM

I have been to HD and Lowes. There is no drywall adhesive and the staff in neither place seem to know about it. There is liquid nails for general construction. Will this work or does it specifically have to say "drywall glue"?

ToolSeeker 09-15-2013 06:18 PM

It will work. If you mean glueing to the studs, if you are glueing say drywall to drywall or on top of drywall you need the one for drywall.

wkearney99 09-15-2013 09:04 PM

Aw man, don't necropost.

joecaption 09-15-2013 09:12 PM

Just not true. both Lowes and Hd carry drywall adhesive.
It will say drywall adhesive right on the tube.

bjbatlanta 09-15-2013 10:01 PM

They do carry drywall "specific" adhesive (at least around here). It is sold in 32 oz. tubes, not the regular small tubes like liquid nails or similar adhesives for normal "homeowner" use. It's in the paint department. Just ask. Brand name is OSI around here (Ohio Sealants Inc.). Really, any type of adhesive would be better than none at all if they don't carry it in your area...

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1