Drywall Finishing/Taping - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Drywall Finishing/Taping

I`m ask to tape a drywall sheet but this wall meets with another wall. The carpenters will be placing 4" by 8' wood strips over the existing wall. Therefore, one side is drywall and the other wall that meets will be wood. I know i can`t put a metal corner bead there because of the wood and I also can`t use paper corner bead. So then, I don`t know what material to use for that corner. What can i do to get a solid corner with-out causing any damage to the wood? any suggestions? I appreciate the help.

Advertisement

LEO1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Drywall Finishing/Taping

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me this is an ordering issue. Simply tape the joint before the carpenters install their wood strips

Advertisement

cortell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #3

Drywall Finishing/Taping

I thought of that but i didn`t think it would work. But I will try that, then wait and see how it will look after the carpenters put-up the wood. hopefully it will work. Thanks
LEO1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 512

Drywall Finishing/Taping

are you saying you have to butt the drywall to the wood? if so use a "J" molding they come in metal or vinyl
princelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #5

Drywall Finishing/Taping

Hi,

If you are still wondering what to do (I've only just joined the forum and saw your post) I have included a link here that will show you some of the types of PVCu bead that would be available to you.

http://www.renderplas.co.uk/drylining-beads.php

At the bottom of the page there is a table and if you point your mouse over the codes on the left you will be presented with an image of what the bead looks like.

I hope this helps. But if you're stuck feel free to call our technical helpline at any time. It's free to anyone that has a query that relates to internal/external wall finishing and beading.

Rich
renderplas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 250

Drywall Finishing/Taping

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO1969 View Post
I`m ask to tape a drywall sheet but this wall meets with another wall. The carpenters will be placing 4" by 8' wood strips over the existing wall. Therefore, one side is drywall and the other wall that meets will be wood. I know i can`t put a metal corner bead there because of the wood and I also can`t use paper corner bead. So then, I don`t know what material to use for that corner. What can i do to get a solid corner with-out causing any damage to the wood? any suggestions? I appreciate the help.

I know this isn't what you were asking, but since you're talking about a corner, what about a piece of quarter round moulding? Either painted same color as the wall, or finished same as the wood wall. You wouldn't need much more than 1/2" to cover the seam...

Advertisement