Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #1

Share |

Drywall finishing cost in Ohio/KY

I have a basic 1600 sf basement that I need to get the drywall finished in the Cincy/NKY area. Does anyone have an idea of the current finishing cost...anywhere in the US is fine just so I can get a "ball park" figure - Thanks

Also, am I ok with the ceiling being 1/2 inch if the joists were 16 inch OC.
Thanks

Last edited by smblank3; 04-19-2009 at 10:54 PM.
smblank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #2

We just got a quote of $0.70 per sq ft for mud and tape in MN - I believe this can vary fairly widely by region so not sure how helpful this is.

toocheaptohire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #3

I just had an 82 sheet basement job done in MN and it was about $34/sheet (with hang, mud and tape including all materials). Again, not sure if it's relevant to your area.
ThunderCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Drywall contractor

You say you need it finished ONLY?? Prices vary widely from region to region. If you did your own hanging, the quality of your work and the use of appropriate length board will be a factor. Did you hang all 8' material or use 8,10,12,&14' board to minimize the number of joints? Is the area cut up with a lot of rooms and closets, or large open rooms? Are there a lot of soffits hiding HVAC, plumbing, etc. that require corner bead?
If you need complete hang/finish job, many of those same things will factor in the price as well as the quality of the framing. Are you looking for a "turnkey" job from a licensed/insured contractor or are you wanting to just get some individual to come in and do the labor? Call for some estimates and get references.....