Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #1

Share |

Drywall finish

Our house was built in 1996. Our painted walls have a very fine texture, smaller than any orange peel texture I've seen. Do you think this a very fine texture that has been sprayed on or do you think the walls were smooth and the texture is just from the paint and roller? A difficult question to answer without seeing the walks but I'm still hoping someone will have an idea or historical perspective. The reason I'm asking is we just took down some wallpaper and these walls now need paint. I want all of the walls to look the same. Thanks!

Jpeters1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Drywall finish

Hard to say without seeing it but I would hardly think that 1996 makes it historical.

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Drywall finish

The smaller the spray nozzle orifice and/or the higher the pressure used to spray, the finer the texture droplets will have been.

Almost impossible to guess, sight unseen, if what you have is from spray or painting tools.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote