Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
MHG

Share |

Drywall cost?

I am considering a purchase of a foreclosed remodel project. If I do so I will need to have the interior drywalled and painted. I believe I can do the painting and wood trim work. I am planning to try and sell it with unfinnished K&B.
Asuming the framing is ready for drywall how much should I expect to invest in Drywall installation and taping to be paint ready?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
Eibwen

Drywall cost?

That can vary widely by region and you would probably get the best estimate by contacting some local contractors.

I would consider finishing the K&B. May have an issue with appraisal/loan if these arent done.

Plus in a flooded real estate market you may not get any takers.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #3

Drywall cost?

dude, if you don't know how to price out your reno cost how can you make a reasonable business case for your flip?

drywall is about $15 for 4x8 and sold in bundles of 2. a typical "room" is about $300 for tape and mud.

calculate how much drywall you need based on wall measurement.

email these dimensions & some pics to a drywall tape/mud pro and ask for a rough estimate. if you can give pro access to see the house in person (easy if you already own it) then you can get a quote (i.e. accurate estimate).

Knucklez
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
K&B Remodeler/Tile Guy

Drywall cost?

This is primarily a DIY site. There are many factors that are involved when you ask "how much to". Your best bet is to get bids from local contractors. Most estimates are free so getting this figure shouldn't cost you anything.
As a remodeler, I can tell you hiring a pro to hang and tape drywall is well worth it. Drywall isn't rocket science but a pro will do the job so much quicker and a lot nicer than a first timer. I still sub out any drywall jobs for my company. I just can't compete with the drywall pros!

Good luck
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Drywall contractor

Drywall cost?

Your question is like asking "how long is a rope?". As Sammy pointed out, prices vary by region. Also, taken into consideration are: square footage (the more footage, lower the price), degree of difficulty (are there sloped ceilings or treys), are textures going to be applied?? The only way to get a price is to have a drywall contractor come out and actually measure the area and give you a quote. Get references.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #6

Drywall cost?

As stated, this is a DIY site and therefore requests for estimates or budget numbers are not in keeping with the site's purpose, and are strongly discouraged. If you decide to rock the home yourself you've come to the right place for help.

Closed Thread