Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

drywall corner bead

is there a corner bead adhesive spray made for metal corner bead? the aerolsol type at home depot says it is for plastic and paper type only. i just purchased the metal corner bead that has paper around the ouside that is to be attached right over mud with no screws. can this type of corner bead be attached with the corner bead adhesive?

drewhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4

drywall corner bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewhart View Post
is there a corner bead adhesive spray made for metal corner bead? the aerolsol type at home depot says it is for plastic and paper type only. i just purchased the metal corner bead that has paper around the ouside that is to be attached right over mud with no screws. can this type of corner bead be attached with the corner bead adhesive?
Don't know the answer re adhesive, but I got a response when I aksed a question re paper edged corner.
The answer was great -- worked well.
Here is the link
How to Install paper edge corner bead - AtlanticWBConst

orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
Drywall contractor

Rewards Points: 0

drywall corner bead

The spray is for plastic trims. The type of bead you have is put on with joint compound. The plastic trims are full of holes that allow compound to push through and help adhere the trim to the board. The adhesive is to hold it in place until mudded. The joint compound holds long term.
Apply a layer of mud to both sides of the corner. Firmly push the bead into place and wipe the excess from the sides. Allow to dry and a couple of finish coats.........you're done.