Drywall Ceiling Repair - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

Drywall Ceiling Repair

I have several screw pops that have come through my ceiling. The basic problem is the ceiling has a swirl texture pattern that is difficult to match. Right now the wife and I have a major disagreement. I want to experiment to try to match the color and swirl pattern. As there are over 15 screw pops, the wife wants to re-do the ceiling by plastering over the existing ceiling and re-doing the swirls.

First of all, can you just plaster over the existing swirl ceiling or would you need to remove the old plaster and re-do the new ceiling? Also, does anyone have any idea how much this would cost per sq. ft.?

Thanks,

Steve

Advertisement

huyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 572

Drywall Ceiling Repair

If you just have nail pops then you should be able to just push up on it and insert new screws at least 2" away for where they area now and just do some dabs of spackle and get away from having to redo the whole thing.
No one here is going to quote you a price to recoat it. Going to have to make some local calls for a price.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Happy to help

Rewards Points: 25

Drywall Ceiling Repair

I would do about anything to avoid a complete redo. That is a pretty major undertaking, and quite messy.
Lighting Retro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling , drywall