Drylining With Cellotex 50mm And Battens - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Drylining with cellotex 50mm and battens

i will be insulating my external facing walls shortly as there is no cavity, and was planning on screwing battens onto the wall across the way around 2ft apart( using rawl plugs) and then gluing on the 50mm celotex to the battens and then screwing on the plasterboard through the cellotex into the battens.
do you think it is better to glue the cellotex onto the wall and then screw battens on top of it and through, into the wall?
and do you think the method i am planning of screwing the battens on across the way is good enough, or should i be screwing them on ceiling to floor, 2ft apart.
i thought it would be better going across the way so it would be easier to screw the plasterboard on at the joins.
i have started by taking off the skirting board and curtain rail and wooden window sill and trim. i have stapled plastic sheeting to the wall as suggested by a handyman i know, as a precaution against damp, though i dont think there is any problem with damp in this flat... although there is a problem with condensation in winter. i thought of installing a vent in the upvc windows to help combat this...
i would be very grateful to anyone who can advise me.
thanks in anticipation.

Advertisement

richi3 is offline   Reply With Quote