Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 28

Dry Green Lid- Where to find?

Do they make green lid mud in a powder form? All I seem to be able to fine is the lightweight or blue lid in dry. I don't like my choices in the premixed stuff. One gallon is never enough to finish the job and five gallons is too much and goes bad before I can use it up.

Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,492

As far as I know neither blue or green lid comes in powdered form. I think you are confusing blue lid with easy sand dura bond (hot mud) not the same stuff. You can extend the life of an open bucket of mud by washing down the sides of the bucket, covering the mud with a thin layer of water. Then add a little bleach and seal the bucket. Just pour off the water before you use again. Or you could buy 2 one gallon buckets.

ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim F View Post
Do they make green lid mud in a powder form? All I seem to be able to fine is the lightweight or blue lid in dry. I don't like my choices in the premixed stuff. One gallon is never enough to finish the job and five gallons is too much and goes bad before I can use it up.
The difference is the liquid they mix into it mainly. It is all the same dry compound if you read through the MSDS.

Here is the MSDS on the USG joint compounds http://www.usg.com/sheetrock-all-pur...tab-literature
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote