Drainpipe Sticking Out - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Drainpipe sticking out

Ok - first I'd like to apologize if I'm not describing this properly (and the camera in my phone is busted). In our kitchen the main sewer drainpipe protrudes out of the wall. I think when the house was built the drain pipe stuck out from the studs and it seems like nothing was done to try and hide it- so basically the curvature of the drainpipe is apperant on the wall. Hope that makes sense. I haven't removed any drywall. Can I do anything to hide it? Or to make the wall "straight". I'm not sure if this is the right category, but figured I'd start here. Thank you in advance. Once again, sorry if the description is confusing...

Advertisement

laorquidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 610

Drainpipe sticking out

Not much you can do about it even if the sheetrock was removed. Once it removed you could shim out the studs.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,030

Drainpipe sticking out

Shim out all the studs or box around it. Or perhaps reroute it.
mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Drainpipe sticking out

Thanks guys. Basically I'm sol if I don't want to tear out the old drywall and shim and re-drywall...
laorquidia is offline   Reply With Quote