Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Jill of all trades

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Exclamation

Drafty Bathroom Walls

Hello! I am renovating my 31 year old family home that was "family built". Sadly, they took many shortcuts due to budgeting and lack of knowledge.

My current issue is the extreme draftiness in our masterbath. I have discovered that the vent in the bathroom ceiling is not flush to the drywall, there is about a 1" gap all the way around. A considerable amount of air is flowing through this gap. This is very noticable in the winter months particularily.

What is the best way for me to close this gap off? Or at least minimize the draft from below?

Thank you~
cyn

It seems as though I have found the possible problem. The vent is not vented, it goes right into the attic . Is this the probable cause for the extreme draft?

Last edited by tradercyn; 05-05-2010 at 07:33 PM.
tradercyn is offline   Reply With Quote