DPI Wallboard Installation - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

DPI wallboard installation

I am in the process of a kitchen makeover. My kitchen had the wallboard type material as a backsplash. We removed that but in doing so, the outer layer of the drywall was also removed. Will putting a "skim" coat of joint compound followed up with a good primer be sufficient to install new DPI (that's the brand name) wall covering? This is used simply as a inexpensive backsplash between countertop and bottom of cabinet as well as a partial wall behind the stove. Your advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

cin271@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,692

DPI wallboard installation

I have never heard of DPI so not sure what it is. But since this is a wet area and you are down this far why not remove it the rest of the way for the backsplash and install say hardi backer then just repair behind stove. Since I'm not familiar with your product this answer may be incorrect if so please disregard

Advertisement

ToolSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote