Decorative Drywall Anchors? - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Decorative Drywall Anchors?

My wife and I are the proud parents of an 8 month old little girl. Our daughter is getting pretty fast at crawling and we want to put a gate up at the top of our stairs. We are going to mount it with screws and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on drywall anchors. Something decorative that won't look to bad when the gate doesnt need to be up.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Blauvster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Not sure I follow you. Drywall anchors go in the wall and expand to grip the sides of the drywall and provide a grip for the screws as well. What do you mean by wanting them decorative? Are you suggesting you are going to unscrew the safety gate between uses? Does not seem practical to me. Usually they have a bracket or something that stays on the wall and it is designed as part of the gate assembly. Can you clarify your question?

Advertisement

Last edited by user1007; 06-19-2011 at 03:35 PM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
I make love to my walls

Rewards Points: 25

Agree with above
Arey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Sdsester was right. There are end caps for the gate that actually get hammered into the wall. I was just curious if there were any anchors that looked better than others when there is no screw in them. Like plastic vs the metal ones. Or maybe even anchors with caps. I mean when the gate comes down I would like to keep the anchors in the wall so if a guest with a baby is visiting we can just screw the 4 caps back in and remount the gate.
Blauvster is offline   Reply With Quote