Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

curved corners

Hello all, I have a new home, just moved in, noticed when I walked in what appeared to be a curve in my pantry wall, or instead of being straight is was bowed inward a very noticeable amount. Since this discovery I looked at other walls and am seeing the same thing. Builder says this is due to corner bead mud. I completely understand no stick built wall will be perfectly straight, but should the curvature out near the end of the walls be noticeable with the naked eye...Im talking quarter to one half inch. Any info greatly appreciated

wally572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,326

curved corners

Really hard to say without a pic but VERY doubtful if corner bead mud unless he had an incompetent drywall finisher. But it really doesn't matter if this is a new home he should fix it.

ToolSeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,348

curved corners

Just a guess, sounds like they did not do one of to things. Leave the outside corners of the sheetrock cut back enough so as the corner bead was installed it make it stick out.
Or they did not use a wide enough drywall knife to even it out away from the outside edge.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 3,348

curved corners

Just a guess, sounds like they did not do one of to things. Leave the outside corners of the sheetrock cut back enough so as the corner bead was installed it make it stick out.
Or they did not use a wide enough drywall knife to even it out away from the outside edge.