Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #1

Share |

Crack in plaster ceiling

I recently bought a house that has plaster ceilings. We have a crack in our bedroom that has been there since we moved in. We have a lot of snow and ice on our roof right now, and I think the crack might be getting bigger, although I may just be paranoid!
I am eventually going to have someone come look at it, but in the mean time should I try to tackle the ice on the roof and get it off? Or will this disrupt the crack as I will probably have to use a hammer.
Also should I be concerned about the ceiling caving in? I am a worry wart and always think worst case scenario.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you.

ngintowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #2

Crack in plaster ceiling

You may want to install some PLASTER WASHERS for now to stabilize the area that is cracking. Plaster is brittle, so, yes, pieces of it can let loose from the lathe underneath and come crashing down.
Attached Images

Gymschu is online now   Reply With Quote