Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #1

Share |
Question

condensation in drywall

One of the exterior walls in bedroom has moisture in drywall due to condensation..mainly at the bottom of wall...currently I have removed 4 feet height of drywall and from inside of the house, I can see water resistant sheathing behind this sheathing there is plywood and than a gap and again a plywood and than siding..
I have moisture meter...and when I check the moisture on this water resistant sheathing (currently I have removed drywall and blow in insulation material) it shows around 22% at bottom but just above 1 feet from bottom it is 16% or less...so what is the solution?

btw when I kept the windows open and door open...this bottom moisture came from 22 % to 15% or less...

One more thing this room has two exterior walls...one the front exterior wall ...no problem but on side exterior wall this problem...
I was told best solution is ventilation but in cold we can not keep windows or door open...so what is the solution?
vapor barrier or any other material that can stop meeting hot air from inside to outside cold air? or any other idea to solve this?

vikasintl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
condensation, drywall, moisture, sheathing, ventilation