Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #1

Share |

bubbles in tape

well never had a problem with bubbles before...... then the one place I wanted it to be absolutly perfect it happened... murphys law seems like ugh....

anyways... I was taping two sheets of 1/2" that have a gap about 1/8" between them... mudded the seam lightly, embedded the tape, flattened it like always... no sign of bubbles come back next morning and they are right on the seams in the middle of the tape (paper tape)... if i push on them it seems like they just didnt stick to the mud in that area... but the sides of the tape stuck fine, and everything else around the bubbles stuck fine..... how can I refticy the bubbles? should I cut the tape and put some mud in and push it back down..... try to cut out that section of tape and retape?... never had this happen before so I'm not sure what route to take
BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #2

bubbles in tape

This is what I would do. Peel the tape off and re-mud the area and slightly wet the tape before applying it to the mud so that it is not so dry. The wet tape will better adhere to the mud, preventing air pockets.
epson is offline   Reply With Quote