DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   Bought 1940 house - Lots of plaster cracks - need help (

chrisn 05-01-2013 02:57 AM

As I said on the other forum, let the painter do his job, except for the PVA part.

chrisn 05-01-2013 05:13 PM

It was not designed to go over joint compound and (IMO) only does a marginal job of doing what it WAS designed to do, which is seal BARE DRYWALL not plaster.

ToolSeeker 05-02-2013 06:58 AM

Kinda hard to see in the pics but this sounds like a LOT of cracking. I might suggest having an expert see why so many. Please remember he is there looking at it and I am not. But I would question him about the cracks returning, to skim with joint compound will cover them but joint compound applied thin like a skim coat has no strength. At the least I would apply PAPER tape over the cracks then feather them out sand prime and paint. And as said no PVA use something like Zinzer 123.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.