DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Drywall & Plaster (
-   -   bathroom drywall (

jennysue 06-19-2011 11:55 AM

bathroom drywall
i am remolding my bathroom...what type of drywall should i use

Arey85 06-19-2011 03:53 PM

MR on walls and reg on ceiling. Use durock or some other type of cement board for tile backer.

bjbatlanta 06-23-2011 10:23 PM

Regular drywall is appropriate throughout as long as tile backer is used in the tiled areas, proper paint is used, and adequate ventilation is provided....

Bud Cline 06-23-2011 10:41 PM

...and MR is smarter.:)

Maintenance 6 06-24-2011 06:42 AM

MR board is cheap insurance for any area that will see higher than normal levels of moisture. Bathrooms, laundry rooms, even behind kitchen sinks and dishwahers. Proper ventilation is spotty in most cases. It may be perfect at the ceiling level. Effective half way down the walls and non-existent behind that sweaty toilet. Any accidental spills or overflows that reach the bottom of the wall board aren't going to wick up into MR board like they will regular drywall.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.